Gender Sensitisation Committee Against Sexual Harassment has two major functions: Preventive and Remedial Preventive.
- To work towards creating an atmosphere promoting equality, non discrimination and gender sensitivity
- To promote and facilitate measures to create a work and study environment that is free of sexual harassment.
- To receive and take cognizance of complaints made about sexual harassment at the university and give every complaint serious consideration.
- Crisis Management, Mediation and Counselling.
- To conduct enquiries into the complaints, place findings and recommendations regarding penalties against the harasser in accordance with the rules and procedures laid down by the
- GSCASH will ensure the prominent publicity of the Policy in all Centres, Schools, Hostels, offices of administration, as well as in all public places on the campus such as the library, health centre, residential areas, canteens, shopping centres, etc.
- GSCASH will organize programmes for the gender sensitisation of the University community through workshops, seminars, posters, film shows, debates, skits, etc.
- GSCASH will conduct at least one major activity per semester involving large sections of the University community.
It will be the endeavor of the committee :
- Step 1 :- To facilitate a safe environment that is free of sexual harassment;
- Step 2 :- To promote behaviors that create an atmosphere that ensures gender equality and equal opportunities.
- Step 1 :- To ensure that the mechanism for registering complaints is safe, accessible and sensitive.
- Step 2 :- To take cognizance of complaints about sexual harassment, conduct enquiries, provide assistance and redressal to the victims, recommend penalties and take action against the harasser, if necessary.
- Step 3 :- To advise the competent authority to issue warnings or take the help of the law to stop the harasser, if the complainant consents
- Step 4 :- To seek medical, police and legal intervention with the consent of the complainant.
- Step 5 :- To make arrangements for appropriate psychological, emotional and physical support (in form of counseling, security and other assistance) to the victim if so desires.