B.Sc Culinary Studies
1) What is international cuisine
2) How it is different from Indian cuisine
3) Major international cuisine of the world
4) Reasons for their popularity
5) Basic ingredients and essential ingredients
6) Geographical and climatic influences
7) Cooking methods and traditions
8) Specialty and festive foods
9) Cooking utensils and cooking techniques
10) Influences from neighbouring countries
11) To make student understand
12) What is Asian cuisine
13) Influence of Asian cuisine
14) Discuss various Asian cuisine as a whole.
15) Basic ingredients and essential ingredients
16) Geographical and climatic influences
17) Cooking methods and traditions
18) Specialty and festive foods
19) Cooking utensils and cooking techniques
20) Influences from neighbouring countries
21) What is molecular gastronomy.
22) Elements of molecular gastronomy.
23) What is food product development?
24) What are the stages of food product development?
25) What is fusion cuisine
26) Western plated foods and its elements
27) What is food waste and food cost?
28) What are different types of menus and its uses.
29) What is portion control and selling cost.
2. Bakery and Patisserie
1) To learn the Importance of Bakery and Patisserie Department in Hotel Industry
2) To practically make basic bakery products like bread, cookies and cakes
3) To learn & understand how to store bakery products.
4) To understand the Importance of basic bakery products.
5) To learn the Importance of basic bakery ingredients and their role in bakery product.
7) Know the scope of innovation in making the bakery products, experimenting and generating new
9) To practically innovative bakery products like bread, cookies, cakes and pastries.
10) Acquire brief knowledge about the working of the bakery department, system, hierarchy and
11) relationship with other departments.
12) Manage bakery as a pastry chef and control the quality and the system
13) Develop as a complete pastry chef by incorporating a learning attitude on step-by-step basis
14) Ensure that the requirement of hospitality industry is being fulfilled through up-to-date knowledge and
3. Food Media
1) To understand the basic techniques of photography
2) To compare traditional film and digital cameras and photography
3) To analyse the various equipment which can enhance photography
4) To create a quality photograph using basic rules and technology
5) To discuss the impact of photography in publications
1) Students will understand the basic steps involved in Research
2) They will be able to Construct relevant tools for conducting research
3) They will be able to Conduct a research project using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques
4) They will be able to write and evaluate a research report
5) They will understand the presentation skills of report supported by latest aids.
5. Nutrition Science
1) Students will be able to understand the role of nutrients, Balanced diet and menu planning.
2) Students will be able to assess the Nutritional Status in food
3) Students will learn to measures to overcome malnutrition deficiency
4) Students will learn various national and international food Standards
5) Students will be able learn how to effectively handle food borne outbreaks.
1) The course is intended to give a foundation of the English Language.
2) The literary texts are intended to help students to inculcate creative & aesthetic sensitivity and critical faculty through comprehension, appreciation and analysis of the prescribed literary texts.
3) It will also help them to respond from different perspectives.
1) Event Marketing
5) Planning and Managing Meeting
6) types of event proposals
7) what is corporate communication invoice
8. Indian Cuisine
1) Students will learn Various Skills, Organization Structure, Layout, Uses of Various equipment’s of Kitchen department
2) Student will be able to know equipment’s used in Quantity Food Production
3) Student will learn classical cuisine Will Learn Continental Cuisine –Italian, France, and Chinese
4) Students will Learn Basic of Bakery and Patisseries
5) Students will able to Learn Layout of Main Kitchen of 5-Star Hotel with various
6) Student will Learn Food Photography and its Components
7) Students will learn types of Events
8) Students will learn Business Communication.
9) Students will learn regional Cuisines, International cuisine Classification of fruits & their uses in cooking STOCKS, GLAZES, and COOKING LIQUORS& THICKENING AGENTS.
10) Student will learn –Basic Sponges and Cakes- Pastry Techniques and Principles, Sifting, Creaming, Whisking, Rubbing In, Folding In, Docking, Blind Baking.
11) Student should learn Elements of Nutrition.
12) Student should learn the People & their Roles Shooting Post Production.
9. KITCHEN LAYOUT & DESIGNS
1) Describe location and importance of kitchen in hotel management business.
2) Describes hotel kitchen.
3) Makes kitchen planning in hotel management business
4) Explains importance of kitchen location.
5) Explains importance of kitchen lightining .
6) Explains importance of food supply department.
7) Explains importance of storage department.
8) Explains importance of preparation and cooking department.
9) Explains importance of dishwashing department.
10) Explains importance of administration department.
11) Explain equipments used in hotel kitchens.
12) Knows specifications of equipments to be purchased in kitchen.
13) Makes kitchen equipment layout.
14) Has knowledge about kitchen safety of hotel management business.
15) Explains causes of accidents might occur in kitchen.
16) Knows meaning of HACCP and TSE.
10.Foundation Course in Food Production
1) At the end of the course the students should: Know the history of cooking, its modern developments and develop brief idea of various cuisines
2) Understand the professional requirements of kitchen personnel and the importance and maintenance of hygiene
3) Have insight of kitchen organization, duties and responsibilities of kitchen staff, workflow, and kitchen equipments
4) Have through knowledge of methods of cooking and understanding raw materials.