1) To be a leader in development of professionals in the field of hospitality management.
2) To train and educate, at all levels, persons of outstanding abilities who can become future leaders for the hospitality industry.
3) To work closely and proactively with the industry to address the need of the highly skilled manpower
4) Identification and development of critical managerial qualities is the primary focus of faculty members. Innovative teaching methods are adopted in order to clarify concepts and hypotheses. Conventional class room lectures form the bedrock on which case studies, assignments, group projects, seminars, debates, elocution, role playing, and psycho-analysis help in further development of the student. Field work and guest lectures are applied to give critical practical orientation. The idea behind the whole academic exercise is not to make students exam oriented but business inclined. The ability to ask questions and challenge the established norms can only come through such endeavours.
The School of Hospitality & Tourism Studies is dedicated to impart quality higher education & training in the field of hospitality management, to prepare globally competitive managers & professionals for the international hospitality industry.
1) Students will demonstrate broad knowledge of and proficiency in the core functional and support areas of hospitality business.
2) Students will demonstrate specific competence in a variety of operational aspects within the hospitality industry.
3) Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
4) Students will incorporate an understanding of ethical, social, and legal issues in reaching business-related decisions.
5) Students will creatively and critically apply their knowledge and technological skills in identifying and solving problems.
6) Students will have acquired the desire to engage in life-long learning, as demonstrated by ongoing personal and professional development.